Sunday, June 12, 2016

Why you should host a Kids Summer Bible Study

We are two days away from our official launch date of our kids summer Bible study. I'm completely blown away by my eleven year old son's eagerness to participate. He is doing the homework each day and coming up with creative ideas to help his friends remember what they've studied. Here he is showing us how to make a paper balloon.


We are studying the book of Titus.

This week he came to me and told me he'd created the Isle of Crete on Minecraft and could he do a demo video. Um.. YES! (Posting soon). My son also plays the clarinet and has learned the song we wrote together about the Isle of Crete.  I'll post an audio snippet of that soon.

If you are reading this, you should know that choosing to host a kids summer bible study is the best investment of time and money I've ever made.  Not only for my son but for his friends who are joining us on Tuesday.

I had other ideas for the summer, a book club, a music camp, a hiking club, an art class. I'm so glad God reminded me that teaching kids to study the bible is so much more important. Besides, we will have some music, a little hiking and art folded into this class.

So, if you're trying to decide what to do with your kids this summer, you can join us live on FB every Tuesday at 10:15 as we work through Kay Arthur's How to study the bible for Kids (Featuring the book of Titus). Of course you could choose to organize your own study. I know you will be blessed if you do!


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Titus is such a great book to study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Shanna, We are getting super excited about Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is such a great idea! My younger sister has shown a lot of interest in bible study lately, and it's made me so happy to watch her grow in her faith as well. I think it's SO important to introduce faith in a child's life very young, it helps them grow not only as Christians, but as people as well. Have fun this summer with your bible study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of hosting 7th grade girls for a study this summer. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete