Thursday, April 28, 2016

A pastors wife point of view

Do you trust the 20/20 vision of the Lord? 



I've been a pastor's wife for over 20 years. Before that, I was a pastor's kid. So you could say I've been in ministry all my life.

There was a time when I looked at the role of PK and PW and saw only hurt and betrayal. But God saw clearly while I looked at my life through a dirty pair of glasses.


If you wear glasses you understand that dirty glasses are of no use. Spots, grime and my kids fingerprints often drive me to cleaning my glasses on the hem of my blouse.

So here's the short story: 
Jesus doesn't wear glasses. He sees everything crystal clear.  
He has more than 20 20 vision. He has x-ray vision. 
He sees through the hard things of our lives. 
Nothing is unclear to Him.

I'm not just preaching to you. I know what it means to loose everything. I've laid in a corner of an empty parsonage, weeping, alone, desperate for someone to console me, questioning God's plan, rubbing my tear stained eyes on the hem of my blouse and shouting at the empty walls, "I don't get it! Why?"

My heart has hurt as deeply as yours. But my dear PW we can't see clearly because we don't have the eyes of God.

"Now we see things imperfectly like puzzling reflections in a mirror. But then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." 1 Corinthians 13:12 NLT

I want to see clearly. Don't you? But for now we have to trust that God's vision is clear and he's leading us with confidence through this life. 

As I sit here I am struck by the importance of this last statement. See if I keep trying to clean my glasses and fix my vision, I'm really saying to God that I don't trust Him to lead me safely. I think I could do it better, if I could just forge my own way. 

Jesus calls us to trust him completely. 
A trust fall so to speak. 

Will you fall into Him? Will you allow your glasses to be dirty and trust that His are clear? I'm praying that you will. 

I love you dearest PW
Under the same wing,
-Joleen





No comments:

Post a Comment