Monday, September 22, 2014

Decorating the Parsonage for Fall

Decorating is one of my favorite things to do. If I had endless hours, I would decorate and drink tea and study the word of God! 

People often ask me where I get my ideas for decorating. Most of the beginning ideas come from things I see on pintrest or color combinations that just spark my imagination.  

So, Today, I'm going to show you how I decorated our porch for fall. I really don't like the scary aspects of the season, so I decided to cheer things up with three beautiful colors.

Introducing moss blue, bear brown and country yellow!  Yay! I love them together so much. 


I bought the traditional pumpkins at a local farmers market and proceeded to turn them into the decor I desired. 

I also gathered my stash of tin cans and mason jars. I just couldn't resist painting them all! 

When I put all my items together, there just seemed to be something missing. I really hated to spend any more money so I decided to search for a solution around my house. I found it in the form of burlap! I know it seems crazy that I just had this lying around! I am such a craft junkie though that I often keep stuff and reuse it in projects like this. I also added seashells and sand to get just the right beach/fall feeling on my porch! 

Who said fall had to be orange and red! Give me blue, brown, and yellow any day!



I loved the colors so much, I ended up painting some of our porch benches as well. Love the two tone brown and blue! 
In the end, I just needed a pot of tea to sit and enjoy the beauty of the day! 
Wish you were here to join me!

2 comments:

  1. Joleen, I love your decorating ideas. You have the soul of an artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I'm so glad to share it with lovely friends like you!

      Delete