Saturday, February 6, 2016

IF:Gathering = NOT normal

Saturday Feb 6th, 2016



I've spent the last two days at #IF:GATHERING here in Wheaton, IL.  It was not normal. It was not what I expected. It was not your run of the mill, fluffer-nutter, Christian women's conference. 

This gathering challenged my, not so missionary, never left the continent and I like it that way, heart. 

This gathering stretched my comfy pants way out there into the UN-comfy zone. I didn't like that AT ALL.  But did I need it? YES! 

Every session was a call to action. Action! Each session felt like an, "in my face" kind of challenge. 
I heard the call to spend less time crying out to God and more time simply deciding to DO SOMETHING WITH GOD.

I'm a pastor's wife for crying out loud. I'm always doing stuff. I have a list of stuff I did just last week that would blow a lay person's mind. I won't even attempt to write it all down it's ThAT Massive. 

Okay picture break while I catch my breath! I was on the planning team and brought most of my house to decorate! 


So, today? Today, my world was rocked by one word. 


I don't even remember which speaker said it or even if they actually straight out said it. But, I came away from two days of challenge with this word in my head. 

What IF I am so busy doing things 
FOR God 
that I've forgotten what it looks like to do things 
WITH God?

What's the difference between the two? 
Yeah, I believe it's a  night and day kind of difference. 

If I'm doing things for God, It's possible He hasn't even asked me to do the stuff I'm doing. Like a mom who does all the laundry and all the dishes and but forgets to sit down and look her kid in the eye and say, "What would you like to do together." 

If I'm doing things WITH God, I'm pretty sure He and I are in looking eyeball to eyeball and heart and to heart and He's saying, "Joleen, this is what I want to do together!" 

Oh Lord! I'm asking it right now! "What do you want to do WITH me? Forgive me for being so caught up in doing things for you that I forgot to ask you what you want. 


Fill me up with your living water, Fill me up with your thoughts and your will and your way. Show me how to walk WITH you. I want to be arm and arm from now on. Amen"

Okay, so it's true IF:Gathering was NOT normal it was EXTRAORDINARY!!!

Thanks IF:TEAM 










No comments:

Post a Comment